Queensland is set to ease restrictions for entry to Queensland on 17 December 2021. This is when we expect at least 80% of Queenslanders, 16 years and older, to be double vaccinated. Restrictions may ease if Queensland is 80% double vaccinated before this date.
Some businesses will be required to restrict entry to unvaccinated people from this date. This includes yourself as a business owner and your employees if not fully vaccinated.
Vaccinated people will be able to visit or attend (with no capacity restrictions):
- hospitality venues (e.g. hotels, pubs, clubs, taverns, bars, restaurants, cafes)
- indoor entertainment venues (e.g. nightclubs, live music venues, karaoke bars, concerts, theatres, cinemas)
- outdoor entertainment activities (e.g. sporting stadiums, theme parks)
- indoor and outdoor festivals (e.g. musical festivals, folk festivals, arts festivals)
- Queensland Government-owned galleries, museums, or libraries
Unvaccinated people will be able to visit essential services (e.g. grocery stores, pharmacies, post offices, newsagents, clothing stores, limited retail stores, gyms) and attend funerals. Weddings are restricted to a maximum of 20 people if anyone attending is unvaccinated.
Read more here
Brendan Tohill | Chief Executive Officer
NLNA – National Lotteries Newsagents Association